- This event has passed.
Cayuga Lake Watershed Network 2018 Autumn Community Conference
November 3, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Dear Network members & all clean water supporters/protectors:
Each autumn, the Network provides a free community conference to the Ithaca area, focused on water issues of local concern.
This year, there are so many water-related topics that we have invited numerous speakers to each give a ten-minute presentation, supplemented by table and poster information.
Join us! Refreshments provided.
Preliminary list of speakers and topics:
- Roxy Johnston – Harmful Algal Blooms & planning for the future
- Elizabeth Moran – The “plumbing” of the lake’s south end
- David Weinstein, others – Freese Road: Protecting Fall Creek Valley & Bridge, Varna
- John Burger, Steve Smith, others – Lead pollution in Salmon Creek, Ludlowville
- Hilary Lambert – A list of concerns for Cayuga Lake & call for unified work to protect our waters.
- Steve Penningroth, Nathaniel Launer – The 2018 Harmful Algal Blooms Monitoring Program on Cayuga Lake
- John Dennis, Brian Eden – The Salt Mine under Cayuga Lake
- Irene Weiser – The Cayuga Power Plant and the Full Lifecycle Impacts of Methane
- Others may be added.
Please attend this powerhouse of water-issue presentations.
Audience Q&A encouraged.
For more information:
Hilary Lambert firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenn Tufano Grillo email@example.com